Monday 31 July 2017

BookTubeAThon 2017 Wrap Up

Last year I completed the BookTubeAThon with flying colours. This year, not so much. But then again I've had a much busier week this time around; juggling three projects, going out for a couple of the days etc. Considering, I think I did pretty well - and I did technically read seven books.

If you want to know more about the BookTubeAThon, you can look at my TBR for this year and previous years, or head over to the BookTubeAThon channel or Twitter.
Here's how I did this year.


Day 1

Books Read:
The Archived - 21 pages
The Undertaking of Lily Chen - 430 pages
The Whispering of Trees - 31 pages

Pages Read on Day 1: 482

Challenge 3 Complete: Finish a book in one day



Day 2

Books Read:
The Archived - 36 pages
Breakfast at Tiffany's - 70 pages

Pages Read on Day 2: 106




Day 3

Books Read:
The Archived - 53 pages
Breakfast at Tiffany's - 87 pages


A Book of Spirits and Thieves - 7 pages

Pages Read on Day 3: 147

Challenge 4 Complete: Read about a character that is very different from you



Day 4

Books Read:
A Book of Spirits and Thieves - 142 pages
The Archived - 40 pages

Pages Read on Day 4: 182





Day 5

Books Read:
The Rift: Part One - 76 pages

Pages Read on Day 5: 76

Challenge 1 Complete: Read a book with a person on the cover



Day 6

Books Read:
The Archived - 202 pages
A Book of Spirits and Thieves - 58 pages
Goth Girl and the Fete Worse Than Death - 21 pages

Pages Read on Day 6: 281

Challenge 2 Complete: Read a hyped book






Day 7

Book Read:
Goth Girl and the Fete Worse Than Death - 197 pages
A Book of Spirits and Thieves - 158 pages

Pages Read on Day 7: 355

Challenge 6 Complete: Read a book you bought because of the cover
Challenge 7 (kind of) Complete: Read seven books





I was hoping to try and stick to my initial TBR this year, but I swerved off it even more than in previous years. I gave up on The Whispering of Trees, so I didn't complete seven books, and only two were full-length novels, but I'm still pretty happy with it overall. Overall, the books were a mixed bunch; I was worried early in the week that I'd chosen a terrible selection as I didn't like the first couple I read, and The Archived - which turned out as probably my favourite from this year - was slow to get going. But luckily things turned around later in the week (mostly).
While it wasn't my most successful BookTubeAThon, nor my most active one, it's still nice to keep up the tradition and get through some books on the shelf. See you all next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment