Monday 31 December 2018

TheDaisyDeer's Best Books of 2018

Reading Year In Review

It's been a year filled with researching for my final project, my dissertation, and my personal development, as well as exploring new review copies and becoming a proper film critic! As a result, it's been up and down in terms of what I've been reading: some things I've absolutely fallen in love with, and others have disappointed me and sent me into reading slumps. The upside is that this year's winners have been pretty easy to narrow down, if difficult to assign to categories; I could've put most of them at the top of multiple groups, but without further ado, these are my stats and the best books that I read in 2018...

Books Read: 80
Novels Read: 41
*Pages Read: 24,743
*according to GoodReads so take it with a pinch of salt 


Novel with the Best Story read in 2018:


Kingdom of Ash
Sarah J. Maas
Novel with the Best Writing read in 2018:


Home Fire
Kamilla Shamsie


Novel with the Best Entertainment read in 2018:


Ash & Quill
Rachel Caine


Best New Discovery read in 2018:


Nevernight
Jay Kristoff


Best Fantasy Novel read in 2018:


The Bear and the Nightingale
Katherine Arden


Best Sci-Fi Novel read in 2018:


Ready Player One
Ernest Cline


Best Historical Novel read in 2018:


The Miniaturist
Jessie Burton


Best Contemporary Novel read in 2018:


Girl Meets Boy
Ali Smith


Best Graphic Novel read in 2018:


Paper Girls Vol.5
Brian K. Vaughan, Cliff Chiang & Matthew Wilson


Best Poetry Collection read in 2018:


New American Best Friend
Olivia Gatwood


Best Review Copy [not otherwise mentioned] read in 2018:


Spinning Silver
provided by Pan Macmillan
Namoi Movik
(My review for Spinning Silver was also featured on Pan Macmillan's twitter!)

No comments:

Post a Comment