Wednesday 31 July 2019

Homegoing


Book Title: Homegoing
Author: Yaa Gyasi
Date Started: May 1st 2019
Date Completed: July 31st 2019
Genres: Historical
Quality Rating: Four Stars
Enjoyment Rating: Three Stars
Final Rating: Four Stars
Review:

◆ Thank you NetGalley for this eBook copy for review ◆

I hold my hands up and say I got to 25% in this book and, while I think it was great and important and I was enjoying it, the story was just so slow. There's so much information, and so many connections and relationships and context that my brain got overwhelmed when it was mixed with a very dense but gradual plotline. If you like in-depth bloodlines, African history, deep prose then I would recommend picking this up - the overwhelming flood of praise of this book backs me up. It's just too slow and full to the brim of information for me at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment