Tuesday 23 April 2013

Die for Her


Book Title: Die for Her
Author: Amy Plum
Series: Die for Me - Novella #2.5
Date Started: April 22nd 2013
Date Completed: April 23rd 2013
Genres: Romance, Fantasy
Rating: Three stars
Review:

Since this is a short novella, I obviously wasn't expecting a full-blown plot, but I was still slightly bored that Die for Her recounts the previous two books in a very speedy way from another person's perspective. But then again, it was Jules.

Die for Her details the plot of the first two Die for Me books from the perspective of Jules, a friend of the protagonists. That's pretty much all I can say.

I loved the Jules perspective. I love Jules just generally. But by repeating all the events from his perspective, we get to know some more details that both make sense and also create more mystery around the plot of the actual series. I admit, I didn't see Jules' main storyline until a fair ways into Die for Me, but this novella clearly shows it.
The writing seemed rushed. No doubt because that passage was a novella, but I felt like a little more detail or time could have gone into detailing the events. Plum's writing is generally fast moving, and she was merely repeating her plots from the first books, but I felt she could have made it more engaging by diving deeper into Jules' feelings. I would also have liked to see some scenes that don't involve Kate, so we could learn a bit more about Jules himself, rather than just his life when the protagonist for the main books is around.
I'm not saying I hated it. In fact, I really enjoyed it, but it wasn't as great as the series. And I think more new (in-between) storyline could have been created instead of reusing previous ideas.

I would recommend it to anyone who wants a quick read and is into romance and fantasy, but read the series first. It's better than this novella, and nothing will really make sense unless you know the first two plotlines. It would also spoil the entire two books if you read this first, as it is basically a synopsis of them.

On the plus side, the eBook does contain the first chapter of the 3rd book. And wow. That is worth it - if you can handle the cliffhanger until May.



Image Source: http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1357925079l/16102760.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment