Tuesday 12 March 2013

The Lover's Dictionary


Book Title: The Lover's Dictionary
Author: David Levithan
Date Started: March 10th 2013
Date Completed: March 12th 2013
Genres: Romance
Rating: Three stars
Review:

This was a very strange book.
I got through it very quickly since the majority of the pages only have a few lines on them, but I enjoyed it. It's hard to get your head around quite what's happening, and I still don't completely understand it myself.
But the short little snippets of these unnamed people's lives under a different word in the dictionary, it gives you a realistic, believable  idea of their relationship. At some points I was genuinely heartbroken or smiling at how sweet it was.

I would recommend it to anyone who wants a bit of a break from hard reading, and there isn't really a story you can follow in this haphazard jumble of events and conversations. But it's definitely a nice, simple, quick read that will make you smile.

See particular: Guise.



Image Source: http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv258/bluffs/9780007377992FS.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment