Sunday 10 March 2013

Warm Bodies


Book Title: Warm Bodies
Author: Isaac Marion
Series: Warm Bodies #1
Date Started: March 3rd 2013
Date Completed: March 10th 2013
Genres: Dystopian, Thriller, Romance
Rating: Four stars
Review:


This book is very strange. That's the first and main thing I can say about it.
But I liked it. It's one of those books that you aren't sure you're going to like, and you aren't sure are really going to go anywhere, but then you find yourself quite involved in the plot and feeling for the characters.
It's not one of my favourites, for the sole purpose that it's generally not the kind of thing I read, therefore it hasn't amazed me. However, it is very good, and I would recommend it to anyone.
There are two main reasons why I really liked it:
1. It's not all romance and revolving around stupid brainless lusting. Which is what I was worried about. It's realistic, but it still has that lovely aspect of love to it, without letting it take over the entire plot line.
2. R is a genius. And so is Isaac Marion. You gather near the beginning that the zombie is going to change, and become human or whatever. However, when you actually read it, he starts changing through the narration. So by the time you actually realised that he has changed, it comes as a bit of a shock, because as you've gone through the story, you're so engrossed in the plot, you don't process Marion's ingenious hints of R's evolution until near the end.

Okay, this was a really bad review XD I've never done anything like this before, so yeah. I hope it possibly helped some people.



Image Source: http://littlebitmag.es/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Warm+Bodies1.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment